For almost 30 years, the RSA Conference has been a driving force behind the world’s cybersecurity agenda, becoming a central point where people from around the world can gather to share, learn, and grow. Founded in 1991, it has grown into a global event that not only hosts educational and professional networking and awards programs, but has also become known as a forum for innovation and partnerships.
In 2019, the RSA Conference was held across two venues – Moscone Center and Marriot Marquis Hotel – hosting a total of 35,000 attendees. The challenge was threefold:
1. The RSA Conference needed to find a way to understand visitor behavior at each venue in order to improve engagement and conversions, and maximize event performance for attendees, exhibitors, and organizers
2. Attendees needed a frictionless experience while they visited booths, participated in training sessions, attended keynote talks and navigated the venues
3. Exhibitors needed a way to make sure they connected with the right audiences
The key to solving these challenges lay in intuitive real-time location analytics that could enable actionable insights at every moment during the event.
Partnering with the right platform
To achieve these outcomes, the RSA Conference turned to Kloudpsot’s Situational Awareness and Intelligence Platform. This platform’s capabilities allowed organizers to collect and integrate data from on-site Wi-Fi providers, IoT sensors, and external data sources, such as Wi-Fi registration portals and event management CRM. This data was then correlated to gather valuable insights that assisted the RSA Conference owners with multiple areas of the event, including:
- Wi-Fi network assurance
- Visitor movement tracking
- Exhibitor booth performance
- Resource staffing and optimization
- Contextual information & advertising
- Robust event reports and insights panels